All requested refunds have been finalized. Note that refunds had to be requested by August 31, 2020 (see rules below).
- Refunds had to be requested via the registration system. The registration system has a record of the tickets/purchases which are eligible for a refund and will show you if the ticket/purchases is eligible for a refund.
- You can only receive a refund to the "pure virtual registration rate" if you are not an author of a paper.
- You can also choose to donate your refund to the VDI, which is the non profit national member organization, which covers the significant losses of the IFAC World Congress due to the shift to the virtual format.
- Refunds can only be made to the person/organization/account who bought the ticket.
- Refunds will be made to the original payment method.
- Refunds had to be requested by August 31. No further refunds can be requested.
As the IFAC World Congress 2020 was held completely virtual, we had introduced additional participation and registration options.
Virtual congress participation without contribution
- Virtual participation student / developing countries: 40 €
- Virtual participation regular: 80 €
- Access to all contributions (except for workshops) until December 30, 2020
- Access to the papers and presentations (except for workshops) until December 30, 2020
- Access to the selected streamed events that premiered at the Congress.
Virtual congress participation as a contributor/co-author - with upload of accepted papers
(not available anymore)
- Virtual participation student / developing countries: 250 € (up to one paper can be uploaded)
- Virtual participation regular: 380 € (up to two papers can be uploaded)
- Access to all contributions (except for workshops) for the period of the congress
- Access to the papers and presentations (except for workshops) for the period of the congress
- Access to the online-streamed live events
Participation in Workshops
(This type of ticket is not available anymore.)
A series of Workshops was offered on Saturday, July 11. Workshops could be booked independently of a participation in the Congress.
- Independent of the workshop length (full day/half day), the following registration fees apply:
- Student and developing country participant fee: 40 €
- Regular participant fee: 70 €
- Participants from developing countries can register for the student rate. Developing countries are all countries which do NOT belong to "High-Income Economies as of 2019" as defined by the World Bank, see this overview (PDF).
- There will be no refund of registration costs after final papers are uploaded!
- Once registered, the workshop registration fee can not be refunded!